Saturday, November 21, 2009

Will straightening/hair products damage my hair in the future? important question?

okay so i was at a hair salon with my parents the other day, and the woman styling my hair told me that if i continue to use products (hair spray/wax, ect) and straightening it, my hair will not only become very damaged now, but this will also show when im like 50, and my hair in the future will be bad. baldness doesnt run in my family neither does any hairloss really.



is this true? because yes it is true my hair has gotten quite damaged from products but i thought if i lets say shaved my head that my normal hair would just grow back



Will straightening/hair products damage my hair in the future? important question?

well if you shaved your head yes your normal hair would grow back but ewhy would you want to do that? and if you always straighten your hair and put products in it yes its going to effect your hair when its older. only use that kind of stuff once a week and you should be ok and also skip one night of washing to much washing can also be damaging for your hair also.



Will straightening/hair products damage my hair in the future? important question?

I've never heard of that. I could understand if you damaged your scalp with some chemical, or if you actually pulled hair out at the roots and damaged them, preventing it from regrowing. But I've never heard of damage to the hair shaft causing damage to hair in the future. The hair is technically (well, literally) dead anyway, it's only the roots that grow. The only thing (apart from those I've already mentioned) that could cause longer term damage would be if you had split ends, and you allowed the hair to split up the shaft, then it would keep splitting further until you had them damaged ends trimmed/cut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans